The Collab Folks was setup in July 2015 as a partnership with Lena Quek, Ruth Ho & Michael Ong to consult, coach and mentor product teams and companies across Product Management, User Experience Design and Agile Practices.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Founder Mentorship
- Team Coaching
- Product Management
- User Experience Design
- Agile Practices
I started my software career researching and developing a rules-based system for fraud detection in call data records.
Since then, I have provided consultation for and delivered a spectrum of projects for Mobile Payments, Logistics Tracking/Surveying, Cleaning Inspection, Merchant Monitoring, Online E-Commerce and Real Estate Portals.
My passion lies in full-stack development (with a keen interest in mobile) and promoting Agile and UX across teams. I enjoy the challenge of studying real world problems and providing solutions for them together with a team that has the same ideals and vision.
In 2010, I was practicing Agile/Scrum with a development team remotely as a Certified Scrum Master. I worked closely with Product Managers, Marketing and Display Sales teams for high traffic consumer web portals and revenue generating customer web applications.
With my team at iProperty, I took an active role advocating Agile/Scrum/UX and performed the role of a Mobile Product Manager/Owner for 4 core markets in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. By applying agile software development methods for user-centric rapid iteration, the team operated like a start-up to release products in the rapidly evolving mobile space.
In 2013, with bellabox, I worked across teams of Product, IT, Customer Service & Operations/Logistics to help grow the bellabox business. Together we worked on the challenge of introducing bellabox as a new generation beauty experience to deliver customers a smart/ fun way to try and buy high-end beauty products.
In Mid-2015, I’m taking a short break to focus on providing Product Management Training to startups and small businesses who are looking to introduce lean methods into their workflow. Find out more at The Collab Folks.
Things I enjoy:
I’m interested in Photography but refuse to jump onto the dSLR bandwagon and keep a Canon G11 for snapshots. Recent mirror-less camera systems are also interesting.
*2012-03* After an incident in Hanoi where I lost the G11, I’ve recently purchased the long awaited Sony NEX-7. After 4 Canons, it’s bit odd to change to a new interface but so far, it’s been interesting.
In my spare time, I enjoy Scuba Diving, Bungee and Skydiving and for more relaxing activities tend to read a lot, play badminton and have been known to cycle, swim and run.
I’ve found EVE Online to be a great sandbox to try out ideas about trading and alliances/corporation in a virtual team environment. Social + Gaming can bring interesting ideas to the real world. I am also eagerly anticipating Chris Robert’s Star Citizen after a long wait for a proper PC game.
Here’s my resume if you think I’m the right person for your project.
Mobile/Web, Agile Product Ownership, Agile Project Management, Scrum, User Experience Design, Business Process, Strategic Partnership, Team Leadership, Technical Leadership, Change Management, .Net, CSS, HTML, jQuery, SQL, Networking, Mobile Apps, Server Architecture, Workflow, PHP, Perl, C#, ASP.Net, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services
Follow me on
Here’s what I’ve done so far, folks I’ve worked with and places I’ve had a desk.
- Sept 2nd, 2011 – iProperty.com : Apps to extend E-commerce to M-commerce at Apps World Asia 2011
- March 13th, 2013 – Engaging with Mobile Devices and the Impact of this on Mcommerce at eTail Asia 2013 Panel
- Sept 28th, 2013 – Lean in Product Management presented at ProductCamp SG #1
- 16th Jun, 2104 – User Centered Design in Mobile App Development presented at NUS:ISS Seminar on Enabling Mobile Enterprise
- 12th Nov, 2014 – User Centered Agile Product Development presented at Agile Singapore 2014
- 2011 to present Internal Workshops & Training Materials for UX & Scrum teams – Available on request
Application Development (history):
- Mobile: Palm, Windows Mobile, iOS, Android
- .Net Framework: VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net
- Application Development: C/C++, VB, Java/J2EE
- Database: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MySQL
Web & Interface Design
- Complete site and interface design
- Content Management (Joomla, Drupal, WordPress)
- Project Management (ActiveCollab, Pivotal Tracker)
- E-Commerce (osCommerce, Magento)
- E-Mail Marketing (ocTeth, openEMM)
- Ad Publishing (Google AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick for Publishers)
- Analytics (Google Analytics, Flurry, Effective Measure)
Setup and Administration
- Windows & Linux Web Hosting, Apache, Microsoft IIS
- Web Control Panel: Plesk & CPanel
- FTP, Email, Mailing List
- Remote Access, VPN
- Windows Server 2008/2003/2000
- Linux (CentOS, SuSe, Ubuntu)
- Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/98/95/NT
- Mac OS