Sudden thought occurred to me that I’ve been learning programming since 1989 and how quickly its now 20 years.
Here’s a chronological order of the languages picked up so far.
- 1988-1989 : Logo Programming
- 1992-1994 : C Programming , some dBase
- 1995-1996 : C, Pascal, Dabbled in Assembly (demos in the day impressed me a LOT!)
- 1997-1999 : C++ (self taught during National Service to ensure brain didn’t rot)
- 2004-Present : C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net and more PHP
I’m looking forward to doing more of PHP, Objective-C, Ruby and HTML 5! and who knows what else in the coming years. Might even re-visit Java since Android needs it.
For code editing, after a few years of using Visual Studio, I find myself using Dreamweaver and Eclipse more. Apatana and Netbeans have also taken residence so shall see which IDE takes over. Otherwise there’s always Notepad++.
Updated for 2010/2011:
- Comfortable with: jQuery
- Still Learning: Ruby (+Rails), Objective-C, jQuery Mobile, HTML5/CSS3
- Trying best not to take up Java (with Android)
- Development on new Macbook Air, getting to love console again 🙂
- More Git, Less SVN. Loving Heroku
Technorati Tags: programming, languages, chronology